Migration Helpline

IMPORTANT! Changes in the Law of Foreigners since 1st of May 2014!
This answer is ARCHIVE, needs to be verified if it is compliant with current law


Is there any possibility someone who has overstayed their 90-days transit can apply for a work permit (endorsed by the company that would provide the work), and subsequently apply for temporary residence, without the need to leave the country?


If somebody stays in Poland illegally, there is no chance to be granted temporary residence. What is more, the data of illegaly staying foreigner will be stored into index of undesirable persons on the territory of the Republic of Poland. Prohibition on entry into Poland for a specific period is a consequence of such registration (issued for at least one year).

There is one exception. Foreigner - spouse of Polish citizen has possibility to receive residence permit, despite of illegal stay.

Answer date:

2013-09-19 10:24:02


Your comment
E-mail Password to remove

Back to all questions in this category

Our answers are only informative - please DO NOT treat it as a legal advice!

We regret to suspend Infolinia service. For over a year, we give advice on a voluntary basis - but the scale of questions is far beyond our ability possibilities to help for free. We will unlock the service as soon as we find funds to continue. We still provide information by telephone and by e-mail.
Internauts opinions about infoline Rate us


Migration Helpline (Infolinia Migracyjna) is now run thanks to voluntary work of PFM staff. Before, it was maintained (2012-2014) thanks to co-financing of the project Information Center for Foreigners 2, run by PFM in partnership with the Association for Legal Intervention and the Mazovian Governor. It is co-financed by the European Fund for Integration of Third Country Nationals and by the state budget.


In the years 2009-2011 the project was run as part of Information Center for Foreigners run by the same partnership, also co-financed by the European Fund for Integration of Third Country Nationals and by the state budget.