Education of migrants in Poland
Projekt: School of Multicultural Integration
Description:School of Multicultural Integration is a project directed to school psychologists and pedagogues working with migrant children. The project offers a series of workshops for those professionals, as well as multicultural workshops at school and an analysis of psychologists' and pedagogues' experiences on supporting multicultural environment at schools.
1. Increasing multicultural skills of school professionals.
2. Supporting them in developing own initiatives for building multicultural environment at schools.
3. Develping a toolkit for pedagogues and psychologists on best practices relating to the topic of developing migrant-friendly environment at schools.
The activities of PFM in this project include:
- Collection and publication of an analysis of good practices and experiences of psychologists and pedagogues working with migrant children,
- Study visits of experts and psychologists/pedagogues to Sweden,
- Multicultural workshops for pedagogues and psychologists,
- Multicultural workshops at schools, run by the participants of the project,
- Publication - toolkit for psychologists and pedagogues on working with multicultural school environments.
- 400 copies of the publication/toolkit,
- 1 analysis of experiences (available online),
- 2 study visits for 16 participants,
- 100 psychologists and pedagogues take part in the training sessions,
- 250 school children of mixed background participates in multicultural initiatives.
January 2013 - June 2014
278 788 PLN
European Fund for Integration of Third Country Nationals and state budget