Integration of forced migrants in Poland
Projekt: Integration of Refugees in Local Communities
The project improves awareness of asylum seekers and local community about each other. This pilot project is designed to support the local community to host a reception center for asylum seekers.
The primary objective of the project is to improve mutual understanding between asylum seekers and the local community hosting them. Improving awareness of both groups about each other, the project is to promote violent-free relations between foreigners and Poles in small cities and villages hosting reception facilities.
- information meetings for asylum seekers on the local community, their legal situation, multicultural relations and other issues of interest to them
- information briefings for the local authorities
- workshop on intercultural relations for representatives of local institutions, which contact foreigners on professional grounds (teachers, doctors, social workers)
- publications on the local community for asylum seekers
- publications on asylum seekers for Poles
The expected result is greater awareness of both asylum seekers and Poles about each other, leading to increased tolerance and peaceful coexistence.
1.08.08 - 31.12.08
25 000 PLN
Fundusz Inicjatyw Obywatelskich (FIO)
- Office for Foreigners
- Association of Legal Intervention
Integration of foreigners in Poland