Migration Helpline

IMPORTANT! Changes in the Law of Foreigners since 1st of May 2014!
This answer is VERIFIED, compliant with current law


Hi! my name is Saif. I am from Bangladesh. I have been married with my polish wife 3 years. and I have just got settlement permit. My question is If we move and work in other EU country and come back after 2 years, Am i going to loss my settlement permit or i can just come back and live and work again.. Thank you..


If I understand well, you hold "zezwolenie na osiedlenie sie", or 'stały pobyt', is that correct? In both cases you would have a permanent right to stay in Poland.

With this permit, you are allowed to leave the country - as long as your leave is not 'permanent'. So, you would indeed be able to return after two years, and continue to enjoy the rights you have under the current residence permit.

Yet, please note that Polish residence permit does not give you the right to work in other EU countries. To do that, you would need to obtain a work permit in the country you wish to work in.

Answer date:

2014-06-17 22:55:47


Your comment
E-mail Password to remove

Back to all questions in this category

Our answers are only informative - please DO NOT treat it as a legal advice!

We regret to suspend Infolinia service. For over a year, we give advice on a voluntary basis - but the scale of questions is far beyond our ability possibilities to help for free. We will unlock the service as soon as we find funds to continue. We still provide information by telephone and by e-mail.
Internauts opinions about infoline Rate us


Migration Helpline (Infolinia Migracyjna) is now run thanks to voluntary work of PFM staff. Before, it was maintained (2012-2014) thanks to co-financing of the project Information Center for Foreigners 2, run by PFM in partnership with the Association for Legal Intervention and the Mazovian Governor. It is co-financed by the European Fund for Integration of Third Country Nationals and by the state budget.


In the years 2009-2011 the project was run as part of Information Center for Foreigners run by the same partnership, also co-financed by the European Fund for Integration of Third Country Nationals and by the state budget.