Migration Helpline

IMPORTANT! Changes in the Law of Foreigners since 1st of May 2014!
This answer is ARCHIVE, needs to be verified if it is compliant with current law


What happen if marriage collapse at the end of the 3 years can I get the permanent residence for the fact that I have 2 years old daughterWhat are the chances 


You won't be able to apply for the permanent residence based on marriage - if it fails. The fact of fathering a daughter is not sufficient to give grounds for this status, I am afraid.

You may be eligible for another temporary residence card, depending on additional circumstances. Even in the case of divorce, you can receive another card to sort out your personal situation (for one year only).

In case of divorce you may try to legalize your stay in Poland based on other reasons - for example work. Until you hold the temporary residence permit issued because of marriage you do not need a work permit - afterwards you will need one. Still, such a work permit may be a reason to receive a residence permit as well. In Poland it is the employer that seeks the work permit for you (you do not do it yourself).

In the future, you will be able to seek the permanent stay permit in the form of long term european resident status. For this, you will be needing to prove five year of legal stay and regular income in Poland. Insurance will also be necessary.

Answer date:

2013-08-28 23:00:20


Your comment
E-mail Password to remove

Back to all questions in this category

Our answers are only informative - please DO NOT treat it as a legal advice!

We regret to suspend Infolinia service. For over a year, we give advice on a voluntary basis - but the scale of questions is far beyond our ability possibilities to help for free. We will unlock the service as soon as we find funds to continue. We still provide information by telephone and by e-mail.
Internauts opinions about infoline Rate us


Migration Helpline (Infolinia Migracyjna) is now run thanks to voluntary work of PFM staff. Before, it was maintained (2012-2014) thanks to co-financing of the project Information Center for Foreigners 2, run by PFM in partnership with the Association for Legal Intervention and the Mazovian Governor. It is co-financed by the European Fund for Integration of Third Country Nationals and by the state budget.


In the years 2009-2011 the project was run as part of Information Center for Foreigners run by the same partnership, also co-financed by the European Fund for Integration of Third Country Nationals and by the state budget.