Migration Helpline

IMPORTANT! Changes in the Law of Foreigners since 1st of May 2014!
This answer is ARCHIVE, needs to be verified if it is compliant with current law


Dear Sir, I am indian and married with polish girl since 27th july 2012. we married in india and got polish marriage certificate from torun as she is from torun. I am also studying in warsaw university of technology since feburary 20th 2012. Now with in next month we are going to apply temporary residence card for one year. My question is :- In my marriage certificate, They didn't write "my place of birth and my mother's name" But the have written my date of bith. As i am worrying if i submit my doccument they gonna ask me for birth certificate from india as a proof of birth place and date. As i born on 1986 and i don't have any registration in any of office in india. As per old rituals and i belong to village area of india my mom born me at home. So there is no information related with my birth in india in government records. But i got my passport based on my higher secondary school certificate which has been consider as a proof of birth in 2006. Now rules have been changed birth certificate is obligatory for those children who born after or on 1989. before 1989 there is no need to show or have birth certificate to apply for passport and other government doccuments like voter card. So i wanna ask you is there any possibility in poland marriage registration office like they can edit our marriage certificate with information of my birth place and mother name by considering my passport as a proof of doccument and zameldowanie and i have zameldowanie from warsaw as i am still studying and living in dormitory which contains same information only birth place. Looking forward to your reply as iam in torun these days. So i can do my work as soon as possibly based on your guidance. Thanks


Your explanations may not be sufficient for the Office - the best solution is to ask the Indian Embassy to write an explanatory letter on the documentation issue you describe.

Such a letter with a sworn translation into Polish should be then attached to the application.

Answer date:

2013-05-31 10:39:48


Your comment
E-mail Password to remove

Back to all questions in this category

Our answers are only informative - please DO NOT treat it as a legal advice!

We regret to suspend Infolinia service. For over a year, we give advice on a voluntary basis - but the scale of questions is far beyond our ability possibilities to help for free. We will unlock the service as soon as we find funds to continue. We still provide information by telephone and by e-mail.
Internauts opinions about infoline Rate us


Migration Helpline (Infolinia Migracyjna) is now run thanks to voluntary work of PFM staff. Before, it was maintained (2012-2014) thanks to co-financing of the project Information Center for Foreigners 2, run by PFM in partnership with the Association for Legal Intervention and the Mazovian Governor. It is co-financed by the European Fund for Integration of Third Country Nationals and by the state budget.


In the years 2009-2011 the project was run as part of Information Center for Foreigners run by the same partnership, also co-financed by the European Fund for Integration of Third Country Nationals and by the state budget.