Migration Helpline

IMPORTANT! Changes in the Law of Foreigners since 1st of May 2014!
This answer is ARCHIVE, needs to be verified if it is compliant with current law


I am a student, I did not pass my first years, and I have been deleted from the list of student,then i enrolled in another school to repeat my first year again i will start in March. I just received a second negative decision because I do not pass my class, what can I do now? my stay in Poland became illegal ... please i need help!!


Please contact an organization providing direct legal assistance - reviewing your documents they can advice, what to do. It is impossible to help you without seeing your papers.

You should have notified the Office that you changed the school and start your education again - this could justify issuing you a positive decision.

In your case, it is important which country you are from, whether you stay at this moment is legal, when (as of now) are you obliged to leave the country. Prepare for a visit to a lawyer by gathering all relevant documentation - copy of your application for legal stay, your two replies, any other documents that may be relevant.

You can find information on organizations providing free legal aid to foreigners on our CONTACTS section. In Warsaw, I recommend Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights or Association for Legal Intervention. There are also lawyers working in Lublin, Kraków and Białystok.

Answer date:

2013-02-15 14:02:30


Your comment
E-mail Password to remove

Back to all questions in this category

Our answers are only informative - please DO NOT treat it as a legal advice!

We regret to suspend Infolinia service. For over a year, we give advice on a voluntary basis - but the scale of questions is far beyond our ability possibilities to help for free. We will unlock the service as soon as we find funds to continue. We still provide information by telephone and by e-mail.
Internauts opinions about infoline Rate us


Migration Helpline (Infolinia Migracyjna) is now run thanks to voluntary work of PFM staff. Before, it was maintained (2012-2014) thanks to co-financing of the project Information Center for Foreigners 2, run by PFM in partnership with the Association for Legal Intervention and the Mazovian Governor. It is co-financed by the European Fund for Integration of Third Country Nationals and by the state budget.


In the years 2009-2011 the project was run as part of Information Center for Foreigners run by the same partnership, also co-financed by the European Fund for Integration of Third Country Nationals and by the state budget.