Migration Helpline

IMPORTANT! Changes in the Law of Foreigners since 1st of May 2014!
This answer is ARCHIVE, needs to be verified if it is compliant with current law


Dear sir: I am working in Poland last 4 years under work permit? Recently I have got my new residence permit karta pobyuta extended by 2 years. Now I would like to apply for 5 year permanent residency. Can I apply for 5 year permanent residency? If yes, please write me where I can get the application form? Secondly what supporting documents I need for this application?


You will be eligible to apply for the permanent residency (long-term EU resident) only after you have stayed in Poland for five full years.

Please note that your status will then be indeed permanent. Five years is the validity period of the card to certify this. After the five years you will only need to renew the card, you will still hold the legal status though (no need to go through the procedure again).

Application forms and detailed information on supporting documents are available at Voivodship Offices (sometimes online).

You can also refer to our information leaflet on permanent residency possibilities in Poland - see below.

See also


Answer date:

2012-10-15 21:40:26


Your comment
E-mail Password to remove

Back to all questions in this category

Our answers are only informative - please DO NOT treat it as a legal advice!

We regret to suspend Infolinia service. For over a year, we give advice on a voluntary basis - but the scale of questions is far beyond our ability possibilities to help for free. We will unlock the service as soon as we find funds to continue. We still provide information by telephone and by e-mail.
Internauts opinions about infoline Rate us


Migration Helpline (Infolinia Migracyjna) is now run thanks to voluntary work of PFM staff. Before, it was maintained (2012-2014) thanks to co-financing of the project Information Center for Foreigners 2, run by PFM in partnership with the Association for Legal Intervention and the Mazovian Governor. It is co-financed by the European Fund for Integration of Third Country Nationals and by the state budget.


In the years 2009-2011 the project was run as part of Information Center for Foreigners run by the same partnership, also co-financed by the European Fund for Integration of Third Country Nationals and by the state budget.