Migration Helpline

IMPORTANT! Changes in the Law of Foreigners since 1st of May 2014!
This answer is ARCHIVE, needs to be verified if it is compliant with current law


hi.i came in poland 3 months before.i have working visa for 8 months.still i have 5 months expire to my visa? my problem is TRC the company didnot accept me to work.now i am jobless.i want to know how can we stay in polland long term?please can you help me.


You can try to find a new employer in Poland. If you find one - this person should apply for a right to work for you. Based on a new job permit (which is specific for an employer as well as the employee), you can then apply for temporary residence permit (zezwolenie na zamieszkanie na czas oznaczony - in Polish).

Those permits are issued by Voivodship offices.

Please also note there are a range of non-governmental organizations assisting migrants in Poland with legal advice - it could be useful for you to see one in person. Please refer to our "Contacts' section for details.

Answer date:

2010-04-07 11:30:02


Your comment
E-mail Password to remove

Back to all questions in this category

Our answers are only informative - please DO NOT treat it as a legal advice!

We regret to suspend Infolinia service. For over a year, we give advice on a voluntary basis - but the scale of questions is far beyond our ability possibilities to help for free. We will unlock the service as soon as we find funds to continue. We still provide information by telephone and by e-mail.
Internauts opinions about infoline Rate us


Migration Helpline (Infolinia Migracyjna) is now run thanks to voluntary work of PFM staff. Before, it was maintained (2012-2014) thanks to co-financing of the project Information Center for Foreigners 2, run by PFM in partnership with the Association for Legal Intervention and the Mazovian Governor. It is co-financed by the European Fund for Integration of Third Country Nationals and by the state budget.


In the years 2009-2011 the project was run as part of Information Center for Foreigners run by the same partnership, also co-financed by the European Fund for Integration of Third Country Nationals and by the state budget.